Monday, September 17, 2007

Belly chat

On Saturday, I went out to dinner with my parents, older sister and her husband. Jenny (sister) asked me if I was out at work yet and I flattened my sweater to my belly and just said, "ummm" to which she replied, "Oh, look at your little pregnant belly!" Mom thought I was forcing it out there, but there's no force here! I can hardly even suck it in. Mom thinks it's funny that I'm proud of my baby bump.

Sunday (whilst the boys were over) I went maternity shirt shopping and raided Old Navy's clearance and sale selection. I now have several tops that should get me through at least the next few months, or so I hope. Lots of the current fashion tops have the empire waste that is preggo friendly, but everything I saw was shiny material and I didn't like that so much.

Then Sunday evening, my mother-in-law stayed over at our house. (She's flying to California to stay with her sister, Justin's Aunt, Bonnie who just had hernia surgery.) Dart didn't even get out of the car before she commented on my tummy. She did pick up a maternity top at Target that I'm wearing today.

No comments: