Monday, December 31, 2007

Don't follow your nose!


Wow! What a holiday! I guess you could say that I had a Merry Christmas aside from a broken nose and fat lip. It was really good to see family (especially those I hadn't seen in a while.) I still cannot believe that I found the one small patch of ice in Dart's driveway (my mother-in-law) that was big enough to slip on and managed to get Akron Christmas canceled. Of course, everyone was due to arrive at 11, so at 10:30, I slipped and my face met pavement. Justin took a picture of me at the ER as seen here. Evie and I are both fine and I've healed amazingly well. It's been just more than one week and most of the bruising is gone (there's a little yellow under my eyes) and the one big cut on my nose you can see above is a tiny little cut. I may have a few scars from the cuts, but I'm hoping they too will heal over with time. Luckily, I bought some Mederma for stretch marks when I first became pregnant, so I'll have that on hand once I'm healed over enough to apply it. Now, I just have a very sore nose, so no head colds for me!

No comments: