Friday, April 30, 2010

The beauty of bribery

So we aren't really working too hard on potty training at our house. We're just kind of letting Evie direct things for now. (What she doesn't know is that I have a week off in one month's time where I plan to concentrate on potty training.) More often than not, when Evie tells us that she wants to go potty, she really just wants to be naked. On Wednesday, Evie was dressed, but had no diaper on. When Justin was in the bathroom, Evie came in and spontaneously went pee-pee on the potty.

Tonight after dinner, Evie was asking for chocolate. I told her that if she went pee-pee on the potty, I would give her some chocolate. She told me "okay" and headed to the bathroom. She came back out and we explained that she actually had to make pee-pee in the potty to get the chocolate. She said, "Okay, I'll be right ba-aaaack!" and sure as I have 10 toes on my feet, she went pee-pee!

1 comment:

Jennifer O. said...

It's amazing the power of sweets, isn't it? I should try that for potty training. If we want Sophie to finish her dinner, sometimes we will say "If you eat two more bites of chicken and two more bites of broccoli and then you can have dessert" she will gobble it right up!